Hair Restoration Specialists
There are currently four consultant surgeons, a consultant dermatologist and a general practitioner on the team at HRBR in Dublin. See their full professional profiles below. If you would like to arrange a consultation with one of our hair restoration doctors, please contact us by completing the form to the right.
Dr Maurice Collins
MB, B.Ch, BAO, DLO, FRCSI, FRCS, FRCSEd.
Dr Collins is Medical Director and Team Principal of Hair Restoration Blackrock. He was educated at Belvedere College Dublin and did his undergraduate medical studies at University College Dublin. After graduating as a doctor he trained in General Surgery and received his Fellowship (FRCSI) in this specialty from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Dr Collins then undertook specialist surgical training in Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery and was awarded a Fellowship (FRCS) from the Royal College of Surgeons in London. He subsequently received a further Fellowship (FRCSEd.) in Head and Neck Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. He has practised as a Consultant Surgeon in the Blackrock Clinic for over 20 years.
Dr Collins’ interest in hair transplant surgery started over twenty years ago and he has trained and studied internationally in this specialist subject with some of the best experts in the world. Dr. Collins and his team regularly attend, and participate in, the annual conferences of The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) and the European Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ESHRS). Dr Collins contributes to the ISHRS Hair Transplant Forum International bi-monthly newsletter and was named Surgeon of the Month in May/June 2007.
Dr Collins has invited colleagues from around the world to HRBR in Dublin and has also attended numerous workshops in hair transplant surgery in both Europe and the United States. His knowledge and expertise on the subject of hair restoration surgery is recognised internationally. As one of Ireland’s only qualified surgeon practising hair restoration medicine, he is regularly asked to comment on related subjects in the media. Dr Collins has appeared on RTÉ’s The Late Late Show in addition to numerous radio features.
- Registered with the Medical Council of Ireland
- FRCSI – Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. General Surgery
- FRCS – Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in London. Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, nose and throat specialist)
- FRCS Edin– Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh. Head and Neck Surgery
- Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
- Fellow Member of World FUE Institute http://www.worldfueinstitute.com/membership/
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons – ISHRS Conference, Rome 2008
- European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons – ESHRS Conference Milan
- Royal College of Surgeons Dublin
- ISHRS 23rd Annual Scientific Meeting in Chicago, 2015
- Blackrock Clinic, Dublin
- World FUE Institute Meeting in Lisbon http://www.worldfueinstitute.com/
- Brazilian Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons 2018 http://www.abcrc.com.br/7congresso/programacaocientifica.php
Dr Collins contributes to the ISHRS Hair Transplant Forum International bi-monthly newsletter and was named Surgeon of the Month in May/June 2007.
On a personal level, Dr Collins’ interests include flying (he is a qualified helicopter pilot), hill walking, climbing (he has climbed Mont Blanc and Kilimanjaro), cycling and men’s health issues. He is proud to be the great-nephew of General Michael Collins. To see historical footage please click here.
Dr Joseph O’Connor
MB, BCh, BAO, FRCS RCPS Glasg, FRCS Edin, FRCS Eng, FRCSI.
Dr O’Connor was educated at Rockwell College, studied Medicine at University College, Dublin and interned at St Vincent’s Hospital. He was subsequently appointed lecturer at the University of Glasgow. He then spent a period as a researcher in cardiovascular and liver transplant surgery and has contributed to the international literature on these and other subjects. His Senior Registrar General Surgery rotation included a year as Vascular Fellow at the Cardiovascular Research Center, Seattle.
Dr. O’Connor holds a Specialist Certificate in General Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He has over 30 years experience as a Consultant Surgeon and lecturer in surgery at postgraduate and undergraduate levels. He is a fellow of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Ireland and England.
- Registered with the Medical Council of Ireland
- FRCSI – Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- FRCS Eng – Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in England
- FRCS Edin. – Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh
- FRCS RCPS Glasgow – Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
Dr Siun Murphy
MB BA BAO BCh MD MRCSI FRCS (Plast)
Dr Murphy is a Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeon holding appointments at the Blackrock Clinic in Dublin, and at the Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin.
Dr Murphy qualified from Trinity College Dublin in 1999 with honours in surgery. After completing an Internship in Tallaght Hospital, she completed her basic Surgical Training (RCSI BST) in 2002 and pursued a career in Plastic Surgery.
Dr Murphy completed her first post as Senior House Officer in St James’s Hospital and Crumlin and went on to complete a Masters Degree and Thesis through Trinity College while in Vancouver, Canada studying neovascularisation (formation of new blood vessels) in the British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, and was awarded the Postgraduate Edward Hallaran Bennett Medal and fellowship through Trinity during this tenure.
On her return to Ireland Dr Murphy was appointed to the Higher Training Programme in Plastic Surgery (RCSI) in 2005. She then went on to complete the FRCS (Plast) examination (Intercollegiate Examination) and finished her training with a Fellowship in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery in Sydney, Australia where she trained in skin cancer reconstruction as well as the latest techniques in plastic surgery including short scar surgery of the breast, face and abdomen.
Dr Murphy has a strong academic interest and has published extensively and presented work at both national and international levels. In addition to private practice she remains committed to the public hospital system with clinical and teaching roles.
She has also been interviewed in the press about her experience as a plastic surgeon in Ireland.
Awards & Fellowships
- Sir Edward Hallaran Bennett Medal in Surgery, Trinity College, Dublin 2003/ 2004.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Trinity Travelling Scholarship 2012/ 2013.
- Fellowship in Cosmetic and Plastic Surgery, Macquarie University Hospital, Sydney, Australia 2012/ 2013.
- Shepherd Memorial Prize 2013 (TCD).
- Registered with the Medical Council of Ireland.
Dr Knut Moe
Dr Moe is a qualified general practitioner “GP” and currently works as a GP in the Clonskeagh and Ranelagh areas of Dublin.
Born and raised in Dublin, Dr. Moe originally obtained an honours degree in business studies and political science in Trinity College Dublin in 2002 prior to working in finance in Canary Wharf in London. He returned to Dublin to study medicine in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, graduating in 2010 with honours and winning the JJ Fitzsimons Gold Medal in Surgery. He completed his internship in Beaumont Hospital before joining the RCSI and HSE Dublin North East GP Specialist Training Scheme, which he completed in July 2015.
Registered with the Medical Council of Ireland
Dr Dmitri Wall
MB BCh BAO RCP
Dr Dmitri Wall is a University College Dublin medical graduate (2004) and obtained Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (UK-London) Diploma in 2008. After completing higher specialist training with the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (2017) he worked as a consultant Dermatologist in St James’s Hospital, Dublin, before taking up a post as a clinical fellow with world expert, Professor Rod Sinclair in Melbourne, Australia. This saw him further develop his sub-specialist interest in hair and nail disease to an international standard. In support of this, he was awarded the City of Dublin Skin and Cancer Hospital Charity international travel fellowship (2017). This year-long post provided intensive exposure to all forms of hair disease, such as androgenetic alopecia, alopecia areata, telogen effluvium and scarring alopecias, such as frontal fibrosing alopecia and lichen planopilaris. Working in a dedicated hair clinic, attached to a busy clinical trials centre, provided the opportunity to use current and future cutting edge therapies, that he is excited to introduce to Ireland.
Since 2010 Dr Wall has also developed a special interest in health informatics. He completed an MSc in Health Informatics in Trinity College Dublin in 2015 with distinction, winning a Health Informatics Society of Ireland award for his thesis. This was enabled by a 2-year research fellowship with the Irish Skin Foundation, to develop a number of national and international connected patient registries and clinical information systems. This is a project he continues to work with.
Dr Wall contributes to a number of national and international committees and projects, such as the European Reference Network for Rare and Undiagnosed Skin Disease (ERN Skin), for which he is the eHealth lead, and the British Association of Dermatologists Health Informatics Sub Committee. He has presented regularly at national and international dermatology meetings, such as the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) and European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology annual meetings. He has published in a number of journals, such as the Australasian Journal of Dermatology, British Journal of Dermatology and Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, relating to alopecia areata, atopic dermatitis and hidradenitis suppurativa, amongst other topics. He has also authored sections of the Patient Registries Initiative (PARENT) EU “Methodological guidelines and recommendations for efficient and rationale governance of patient registries”.
- MB BCh BAO (2004)
- MRCP (UK) (2008)
- Certificate of Satisfactory Completion of Specialist Training in Dermatology (Royal College of Physicians of Ireland), 2017
- MSc Health Informatics (Trinity College Dublin), 2017
- Hair disease
- General Dermatology
- Health Informatics/patient registries/medical technology & innovation
- Irish Association of Dermatologists
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Hair and Nail Society
- European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology
- International Society of Dermatology
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine
To find out more about the range of treatments offered by Dr Wall at HRBR, please see our dermatology page.
Dr Claragh Healy
MB BCh BAO B Med Sci MCh PhD FRCS (Plast)
Dr. Healy qualified from University College Dublin in 1999 with an Honours Degree. After completing an internship in St. Vincent’s University Hospital, she completed her basic surgical training and pursued a career in plastic surgery.
She was brought through the Higher Surgical training programme in plastic surgery (RSCI) and completed her Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons (Plast) and completed her training Fellowship in microvascular breast reconstruction in the UK, Belgium and USA and a cosmetic Fellowship in the Wellington Hospital, London and the McIndoe, East Grinstead.
In addition, Dr. Healy has completed a Masters of Surgery through research and a Doctor of Philosophy (RCSI).
Having completed her Fellowship training, Dr. Healy returned to Ireland and was appointed to St. James’ Hospital as a Consultant Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon, a post which she holds today. She has had further appointments to private hospitals.
Dr. Healy has published extensively and has presented work both at national and international levels and remains committed to teaching, having lectured internationally in the past and ongoing commitment to medical student teaching in her current appointments.
- MB BCh BAO, B Med Sci: Graduated University College Dublin 1999 with Honours and Batchelor of Medical Science
- AFRSCI :Associate Fellowsip of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 2002
- MCh: Masters in Surgery, RCSI, 2005
- PhD: Doctor of Philosphosopy, RCSI, 2009
- FRCS (Plast): Intercollegiate Speciality Examination in Plastic Surgery 2011
- Breast and Microsurgery Fellow, St. Andrew’s Centre, Chelmsford, UK, 2011
- Breast Microsurgery Fellowship, NYU Langone Medical Centre and Louisana Health Sciences Centre, USA, 2012
- Breast Microsurgery Fellowship, University Hospital Ghent, Belgium, 2012
- Aesthetic Fellowship, Mc Indoe Surgical Centre, East Grinstead, UK, 2013
- Aesthestic Fellowship, Wellington HCA, London, UK ,2013
- Gerry Edwards Memorial Medal, Irish Association Plastic Surgeons, 2004
- Patrick Meenan Award, UCD Postgraduate Research Award, 2008
- Ethicon Foundation Travel Grant 2012
- RCSI Surgical Travel Grant 2012
- BAPRAS European Travelling Scholarship 2012
- Irish Association of Plastic Surgeons (IAPS)
- British Asssocaition of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- World Society of Reconstructive Microsurgery (WSRM)